It’s still freezing cold out there – but not to early to start planning for spring planting! We’re swapping and selling spring and summer seeds and you’re invited!
- When: Saturday 8 August from 1.30pm-4pm
- Where: Canberra Environment Centre, Lennox Crossing, Acton (around the corner from the National Museum of Australia)
Drop-in, stay for a little while or a bit longer. Lots of space for physical distancing for coronavirus-safety. Please stay home if you are unwell or have any symptoms. Please wash your hands when you arrive on the day and provide your contact details if you stay for longer than a quick visit.
Bring your homegrown or bought seeds from your stash to swap or share or buy some from us. 2020 Members can pick up 3 free packets of seeds. If you’re a volunteer grower for the Spring Community Seedlings Program, you can pick up seeds and growing materials.
* buy packets of seed including locally grown and rare,
* swap your home grown seeds with seeds from the community seed bank and seeds brought in by other swappers
* donate seeds to the community seed bank and get credit for future seeds
* swapping and donating both work on a ‘spoon in, spoon out basis’
* If you are a member of CSS Coop, collect 3 free packets of seed (you can join CSS Coop on the day)
* if you are a seedling grower contributing to the Spring Community Seedlings program, you can pick up seeds, pots, raising mix and growing guides and meet other growers
* help out with the working bee anytime between 1.30 and 4. We’ll be making seed packets, packing and labeling seeds.
Everyone is welcome. Want to know more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org