Canberra Seed Savers Cooperative
Growing, sharing, cooperating to build a living seed bank for our community.
Who We Are
We are a network of urban food growers and local farmers working cooperatively to protect our abundant, common heritage of open-pollinated food seeds.
We swap and share seeds, learn and teach about seed growing and saving, and together build a resilient community seed sharing network – a ‘living seed bank’.
We welcome you to join us and be part of the local network of seed savers, growers and guardians. Seed saving is for everyone.
Grow, save and share heirloom, open pollinated, organically grown food seeds. Get in touch to find out more about how to access seeds and how to contribute your own home grown seeds to the living seed bank. Or just come along to a Seedy Saturday Session.
Our education and outreach activities are a great way to connect with the local community, and how we build knowledge, skills and love of seeds and seed saving. From market stalls to workshops, little kids to experienced gardeners, we can all learn from each other and share the wonder of seed saving and growing from seed.
Seedy Saturdays are fun and relaxed drop-in sessions open to everyone. Meet other local growers, help process and save seeds, learn and share your knowledge, have a cuppa and a chat. No experience required – learn by doing. (You don’t need to bring seeds but do if you want to.) *Second Saturday every month 10am-1pm Canberra Environment Centre.
*So far, in 2020, to be pandemic safe, we are running Seedy Saturdays live on Facebook and other events online. Check out our calendar (below) for upcoming workshops and events including Seedy Saturdays. All events are family friendly and everyone is welcome.
Be part of it!
- Spring & Summer Seed Swap Sat 8 August 1.30-4pm at Canberra Environment Centre. More info in News section below.
- Drop in to a Seedy Saturday Session at the Canberra Environment Centre or tune into our online Seed Saturdays through our Facebook page.
- Like us on Facebook or check out our calendar to find out more about upcoming events and come along!
- Get in touch to find out more or subscribe to our monthly email newsletter.
- Become a member of the Cooperative.
News from Canberra Seed Savers
- Seed Savers Growing CommunityJoin us in growing lots of spring seedlings to give away to our fellow Canberrans who are having a hard time at the moment. Whether you can grow 20 extra beans or 100 extra tomatoes and a tray full ofContinue reading “Seed Savers Growing Community”
- Spring & Summer Seed SwapIt’s still freezing cold out there – but not to early to start planning for spring planting! We’re swapping and selling spring and summer seeds and you’re invited! When: Saturday 8 August from 1.30pm-4pm Where: Canberra Environment Centre, Lennox Crossing,Continue reading “Spring & Summer Seed Swap”
- Seed Libraries for Community GardensIn late 2019, Canberra Seed Savers embarked on an exciting new project: Mobile Seed Libraries for Canberra community gardens. Our aim: to promote growing from seed and seed saving and to build our growing community of seed growers, swappers and sharers.Continue reading “Seed Libraries for Community Gardens”
Canberra Seed Savers Co-operative Ltd. is a not-for-profit, non-distributing co-operative registered in the ACT. Cooperative No: CO – 0212. To find out more about becoming a co-op member ask us.