Canberra Seed Savers Cooperative
Growing, sharing, cooperating to build a living seed bank for our community.
Who We Are
We are a network of urban food growers and local farmers working cooperatively to protect our abundant, common heritage of open-pollinated food seeds.
We swap and share seeds, learn and teach about seed growing and saving, and together build a resilient community seed sharing network – a ‘living seed bank’.
We welcome you to join us and be part of the local network of seed savers, growers and guardians. Seed saving is for everyone.
Grow, save and share heirloom, open pollinated, organically grown food seeds. Get in touch to find out more about how to access seeds and how to contribute your own home grown seeds to the living seed bank. Or just come along to a Seedy Saturday Session. Or like our Facebook and Instagram pages and find out more about what we’re up to and how to get involved!
Our education and outreach activities are a great way to connect with the local community, and how we build knowledge, skills and love of seeds and seed saving. From market stalls to workshops, little kids to experienced gardeners, we can all learn from each other and share the wonder of seed saving and growing from seed.
Throughout the year we run workshops on seed saving including Introduction to Seed Saving and Saving Seeds from Summer Vegetables.
Seedy Saturdays are fun and relaxed drop-in sessions open to everyone. Meet other local growers, help process and save seeds, learn and share your knowledge, have a cuppa and a chat. No experience required – learn by doing. (You don’t need to bring seeds but do if you want to.)
Seedy Saturday: Third Saturday every month 11am-1pm Canberra Environment Centre, except January.
All events are family friendly and everyone is welcome.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Be part of it!
- Drop in to a Seedy Saturday Session at the Canberra Environment Centre.
- Like us on Facebook or Instagram to find out more about upcoming events and come along!
- Get in touch to find out more or subscribe to our monthly email newsletter and find out about upcoming events and workshops as well as working groups you can get involved with including Seedlings for Community, Native Seed Saving, The Dwarf Tomato Seed Project.
- Become a member of the Cooperative.
News from Canberra Seed Savers
- Seed Savers submission to the Capital Food and Fibre StrategyIntroduction to Canberra Seed Savers Cooperative Canberra Seed Savers Cooperative is a not-for-profit registered cooperative and network of local food growers and farmers who grow food from seed to seed (eating along the way) and harvest and share those locallyContinue reading “Seed Savers submission to the Capital Food and Fibre Strategy”
- Seedlings for Community – join us in growing for our communityThis season the fabulous volunteer growers at Canberra Seed Savers will once be growing seedlings to give away to those in need in our community! You can be part of it by contacting us at email@example.com. We’ll be monitoring theContinue reading “Seedlings for Community – join us in growing for our community”
- Autumnal Seed SavingMarch and April is a popular time for seed saving – in Canberra we grow so many summer and autumn crops that, as the days shorten and the weather cools, get ready to end their annual life cycle once again.Continue reading “Autumnal Seed Saving”
Canberra Seed Savers Co-operative Ltd. is a not-for-profit, non-distributing co-operative registered in the ACT. Cooperative No: CO – 0212. To find out more about becoming a co-op member ask us.