Canberra Seed Savers Cooperative
Growing, sharing, cooperating to build a living seed bank for our community.
Who We Are
We are a network of urban food growers and local farmers working cooperatively to protect our abundant, common heritage of open-pollinated food seeds.
We swap and share seeds, learn and teach about seed growing and saving, and together build a resilient community seed sharing network – a ‘living seed bank’.
We welcome you to join us and be part of the local network of seed savers, growers and guardians. Seed saving is for everyone.
Grow, save and share heirloom, open pollinated, organically grown food seeds. Get in touch to find out more about how to access seeds and how to contribute your own home grown seeds to the living seed bank. Or just come along to a Seedy Saturday Session.
Our education and outreach activities are a great way to connect with the local community, and how we build knowledge, skills and love of seeds and seed saving. From market stalls to workshops, little kids to experienced gardeners, we can all learn from each other and share the wonder of seed saving and growing from seed.
Seedy Saturdays are fun and relaxed drop-in sessions open to everyone. Meet other local growers, help process and save seeds, learn and share your knowledge, have a cuppa and a chat. No experience required – learn by doing. (You don’t need to bring seeds but do if you want to.)
Seedy Saturday: Third Saturday every month 11am-1pm Canberra Environment Centre, except January.
All events are family friendly and everyone is welcome.
Be part of it!
- Drop in to a Seedy Saturday Session at the Canberra Environment Centre.
- Like us on Facebook to find out more about upcoming events and come along!
- Get in touch to find out more or subscribe to our monthly email newsletter and find out about upcoming events and workshops.
- Become a member of the Cooperative.
News from Canberra Seed Savers
- Growing summer seedlings and saving the seeds – a quick guideHave you just got home with some springy spring seedlings, looking all full of life and promise of great crops to come and calling for you to get out into the garden and plant… but you’re not sure where toContinue reading “Growing summer seedlings and saving the seeds – a quick guide”
- Growing veggies from seed
- Thinking about planting? Think about soil temperature…Spring is coming (despite the forecast of snow for this weekend!) and it’s time to plan for planting. When getting ready for spring planting, bear in mind that soil temperature is crucial for germination of seeds. Warm weather seeds areContinue reading “Thinking about planting? Think about soil temperature…”
Canberra Seed Savers Co-operative Ltd. is a not-for-profit, non-distributing co-operative registered in the ACT. Cooperative No: CO – 0212. To find out more about becoming a co-op member ask us.